to be taken
- Check the expiry date of the test strip before buying.
- Find out the date to conduct the test.
- Read all the instructions given along with the test strip carefully and follow them properly to get accurate results.
- Avoid drinking high amount of fluids before taking the test because this may dilute your urine giving a false-negative result.
- Use the first morning urine sample to get accurate results.
- Use a clock to check the time you need to wait to get the results.
- Use a clean dry container to collect the urine sample.
- Normally medications such as antibiotics and birth control pills do not affect the results of the test. However, few medications such as Humegon, Novarel Pregnyl, Profasi, and Pergonal may result in false positive results as they contain hCG.
- The Urine sample is to be collected in a clean & dry container. Rinse the container till it is free of soap/detergent. Soap/detergent might interfere with the results of the test.
- Read the results within 5 minutes, do not interpret the results after 5 minutes. Appearance of test lines after 5 minutes may not have significance. If you want to confirm, discard the used test device and repeat the above test with a fresh test device and fresh sample after 24 hours.
- For best results the test has to be performed on the missed day of the menses or later.
- If the test result is negative, it can happen that the period has been miscalculated. Wait for one week and repeat the test.
- Infertility drugs containing hCG will interfere with the result of the test.
- Confirm Pregnancy by other means before starting endocrinology treatment for the patient.
- As with all diagnostic tests, a confirmed pregnancy diagnosis should only be made by a Registered Medical Practitioner.